Scott Rohlf Presidential Leadership Initiative Award
The Scott Rohlf Presidential Leadership Initiative Award is a scholarship presented annually since 1995 to one student who has demonstrated leadership and involvement in the lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender, queer, intersex, asexual, etc. (LGBTQIA+) community at ISU. The purpose of the scholarship is to complement successful academic experiences by partially supporting student leadership and involvement in the LGBTQIA+ community at ISU.
The scholarship amount varies, typically $1,000.00.
Applicants must meet all of the following qualifications:
- Be classified as a junior or senior
- Be enrolled, or planning to enroll, during Spring Semester of 2016 at Iowa State University
- Demonstrate leadership and involvement in promoting LGBTQIA+ student activities at Iowa State University
- Demonstrate the promotion of a positive identity for LGBTQIA+ students throughout the Iowa State University community
- Demonstrate past leadership activities in the area of LGBTQIA+ programming
- Identify plans for future leadership and involvement in promoting LGBTQIA+ student activities at Iowa State University
- Committed to academic achievement as demonstrated by a cumulative GPA of 2.5 or higher on a 4.0 scale
- Must not be employed as a work-study student or intern with the Center for LGBTQIA+ Student Success at the time of application
Complete the form below to apply for the award. The applications are not currently being accepted but will open late in the fall 2017 semester. Selection and notification of recipients is conducted by a subcommittee based on the required qualifications.