The Lavender Graduation Ceremony is one of the many traditions LGBTIQA+ students, faculty, and staff have created for themselves at Iowa State. Each year, graduating members of the Iowa State lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer, intersex, asexual, and ally community are recognized during this special event. Over 200 graduates have been honored in our ceremony over the past years.
2020 Lavender Graduation Ceremony
Thursday, May 7, 2020
Sun Room, Memorial Union
Are you an undergraduate or graduate student graduating in May, August, or December of 2020? If so, we encourage you to register for the 23rd Annual Lavender Graduation Ceremony to be held on May 7, 2020, 3-5pm in the Sun Room of the Memorial Union. Join the Iowa State University community as we honor your academic and collegiate accomplishments! The deadline to register as a lavender graduate is Sunday, April 19, 2020 at 11:59pm.
Additional questions about Lavender Graudation? See our FAQ page for more information.
Watch Dr. Anahita's address to the 2012 Lavender Graduates!
• Shelli Fowler - Director of the Graduate Education Development Institute and Associate Professor of English at Virginia Tech
• Beth Zemsky - Co-chair of the Board of Directors of the National Gay and Lesbian Task Force
• Judy Dolphin - Executive Director of the Ames/ISU YWCA
• Ronni Sanlo - Director of the UCLA Lesbian Gay Bisexual Transgender (LGBT) Campus Resource Center
• Ann DeGroot - Executive Director of OutFront Minnesota
• Teresa Wahlert - Vice President of Iowa for US WEST (now Qwest)
• Anthony D'Augelli - Professor of Human Development at Penn State
• W. Houston Dougherty - Vice President for Student Affairs at Grinell College